Discsover timeless elegance and eco-conscious style at SKANDA. We are a small, independent mother and daughter run boutique based in the heart of Altrincham. We prioritise sustainability in fashion while embracing minimalistic Nordic designs and fashion trends that empower your individiuality.
Explore our collections from Scandinavia that are ethical, sustainable, affordable and perfect for the "buy less, buy better, wear more" fashion philosophy.
SKANDA accepts all major payment methods, Clearpay also now available online at checkout.
All payments are PCI DSS certified
PCI DSS stands for Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard, and Ecwid is a PCI DSS validated Level 1 Service Provider. This is the highest international standard for secure data exchanges for online stores and payment systems. Ecwid doesn’t collect credit card information.
Delivery & Returns
UK Shipping - Free standard shipping on all orders, dispatched from the SKANDA clothing shop in Altrincham. Returns either brought back in person to the shop, or at the customers expense via a trackable postage solution.
DOMESTIC (UK) SHIPPING OPTIONS
Free Standard Shipping on all orders - UK only
RETURNS AND EXCHANGES
You have the right to cancel your order with us under the Distance Selling Regulations 2000, but to make life easy, you can simply return or exchange items you order by letting us know within 7 days of receipt. Our policy applies to Sale & non-sale purchases, please follow the guidelines below.
All items must be returned in the same condition they were received, in the same packaging (includes shoes in the original undamaged box, that cannot be used as external packaging when posting back) and with all labels attached.
To exchange, simply email us at email@example.com and we will handle your request.
To return, please follow these instructions:
1) Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org stating which item you’d like to return.
2) Choose a returns method. We recommend you return your item(s) using a secure or trackable method i.e. Recorded/Special Delivery and that you retain your proof of postage.
3) Choose your packaging. We recommend you return your item(s) in the packaging we sent them in to ensure the item(s) arrive in pristine condition.
4) Please Include the invoice for your purchase inside the parcel.
5) Await our conformation of safe receipt of your returned item(s). Please note, until we receive your return, the item(s) and their condition remain your responsibility. Please note returns can take up to 28 days to be processed. Your refund will be credited back via the original method of payment. Please allow up to 28 days for your refund to appear on your bank statement. Delivery Charges are non-refundable.
About the brands
• Bruuns Bazaar – Established 1994 – Denmark - Bruuns Bazaar was launched in 1994 and became instantly a frontrunner of Scandinavian fashion with an international design aesthetic, worn by stylish and well known celebrities such as Madonna. Bruuns Bazaar was the first brand to present the Scandinavian look as we know it today, which gained admiration around the world. In January 1999, the brand entered the official show calendar in Paris, as the first ever Danish fashion brand.
• Coster Copenhagen/CC Heart – Established 2012 – Denmark -Coster Copenhagen was launched at the Fall Fair in 2012. In the months up to this, Pia had worked on a start-up collection, and the rest is history." Coster Copenhagen is a family-owned brand founded in 2012 by Pia Coster. With more than 20 years of experience in the fashion industry, her vision was to create a clothing brand for all women. By focusing on comfort, using soft and flexible materials, we guarantee you a perfect fit that makes you feel free and comfortable.
The Coster woman is a woman that likes colourful clothes, small details and cares about great quality. She is thereby very conscious about the products she buys. Most often, she is both a bit edgy and feminine, but still simple in her style, where fit and comfort are essential to her.”
• Fransa – Established 1968 – Denmark - Fransa designs for feminine and well-dressed women with a keen appreciation of current trends and excellent quality. The six seasonal collections cover every need from feminine dresses for special occasions, suitable clothes for life at the office, the essential basics, and fashionable pieces for every woman interested in current trends, colors and styles. All at affordable prices. For any occasion, and for every woman.
• Gestuz – Established 2008 – Denmark - Gestuz is a brand that has the modern woman in mind. Always creating go-to pieces that unproblematically embraces the everyday life of a woman and instilling the notion that there is no one way of being female or dressing so: it is whatever you choose.
• Jimmy Rickey – Established 2006 - Sweden -Jim Rickey was created to fill the huge gap between sports shoes and the overpriced products from the luxury brands. The idea was to offer products to high quality, minimalistic and timeless design at a fair price. This is still our goal and objective. Over the past 15 years, we have developed, learned, and changed, for the better. We are constantly working with our suppliers to continue the work with environmental awareness so that we can all be a part of the future.
• Kaffe – Established 1993 - Denmark - We want women to be the best version of themselves every day, without having to try too hard. It has to be you!
KAFFE is located in Ikast that has provided the natural feminine woman with a modern Scandinavian style since 1993. KAFFE’s collections are designed for modern women of all ages, sizes and personalities. True to the KAFFE philosophy, we are loyal to the past and believe in future classics. With over 20 years of experience, we continue to create timeless collections with beautiful feminine details. Our great fabrics, fits and versatile styles offer an effortless and refined look
• Lollys Laundry – Established 2007 – Denmark - Understated luxury that everyone can afford.
The philosophy is to create a brand where the quality and price are woven together, resulting in strong collections that let you style your look up or down, depending on whether you are into classic romanticism or the tough rock chick look.
Lollys Laundry is produced from the best fabrics, in materials that can be used again and again.
• Lovelies - Established 2019 - Denmark - Lovelies is all about creating that lovely holiday feeling when the sun is out, the relaxing joy sets its footprint in your spirit and you feel at ease, relaxed and smile !
Lovelies not only aim to bring the best positive mindset into people, but also to make sure that the brand brings something back to nature as well.
For 16 years the Scandinavian founder of Lovelies has been working with one of the leading sandal brands in the world and from that experienced a gap within the market where consumers are more and more inclined to choose the combination of comfort and creative design as well as products with sustainable goals.
The first design inspiration came from the Indian sandals with jute on the inner sole that brings a great comfort to your feet. Lovelies has beside the butter soft insole with either jute or suede made the effort of creating woven cotton straps in different patterns and colors. The colour palette is wide but carefully chosen, the materials are of a high quality, leaving the sandals light, beautifully detailed and feminine.
In short, Lovelies aims to donate 1% of the brand’s turnover to help environmental non-profit organizations around the world. The first target is to help the land areas and by that focusing on the issue of cleaning the world’s beautiful beaches.
We hope that you will fall in love with your lovelies…
• mono – Established 2019 – Norway - mono is a unisex footwear brand born in Oslo 2019. Our ambition is to create artisan goods that have a supreme level of comfort, assembled with high quality elements. We always push the aesthetic, technological and functional properties - in order to finalize a product that is sophisticated and functional.
Putting our heart and soul into each product, we are using the ever-changing seasons and the raw nature of Scandinavia as a backdrop for our inspiration.
• Mos Mosh – Established 2010 – Denmark - The first drawings were created from the kitchen counter at home, and step by step a small collection of seven jeans and pants came to life. The signature was clear; well-fitted garments, high quality and most importantly designed with a twist in mind. From the very beginning, MOS MOSH had a goal to reach an international wingspan, while staying true to our DNA and principles. Everything we do, we do with passion, love and heart. We are a small but focused organization and we value the relationship between the people involved.
• Moss Copenhagen – Established 2010 – Denmark - Moss Copenhagen is rooted in Scandinavian simplicity. Our collections spring from a love of timeless urban wardrobe basics that can be worn for years to come.
• Noella – Established 2016 - Denmark - Inspired by brave girls and women who dare to go their own way and stand out from the crowd. You will find modern and feminine fashion clothes, with an edge In our selection of fashion clothes for women from Noella, you will always be able to find a wealth of beautiful dresses, both short dresses, but also long dresses - whether you are looking for a dress with a print, a loose-fitting dress or a tight dress. Furthermore, Noella offers a beautiful selection of skirts, tops, blouses and knitwear in beautiful colours.
• Nümph – Established 2005 – Denmark - Driven by the will and desire to create a whimsical and colourful brand, which add that extra dimension to your wardrobe. Those items that embrace your personality and put you in the spotlight when you make an entrance. By playing with shapes, details and hand-drawn prints, we create the NÜMPH collections. We design clothes for the optimistic, strong and independent woman, who draws attention by means of her own personal style. We live out the NÜMPH energy by pouring our hearts and passion into the products, the brand and everything in between, like all nymphs, who are strong as giants and vulnerable as angels, because their hearts are in every move they make.
• Shoe The Bear – Established 2007 – Denmark - With a vision to fuse street art with canvas sneakers. Through rough and tumble, a strategy was formed to design and manufacture fashionable yet comfortable footwear for an international and style-conscious clientele.
Today, the brand is a frontrunner for Scandinavian fashion footwear.
• Soaked In Luxury – Established 2001 – Denmark -Copenhagen based label with a conscious approach for urban, chic women who want sophisticated fashion at affordable prices. With pieces that brighten the closet and that you can reply on season after season. Soaked in luxury’s aesthetic is feminine and vibrant, with a love for glamour yet grounded by tailored silhouettes. Soaked in luxury dress women for their real lives, walking down the street or riding a bike. The collection offers clothes that transcend seasons with day to night versatility and ensure that you can always find a dress for tomorrows party!
• Sofie Schnoor – Established 2001 – Denmark - driven by her creativity, designing only what she would wear herself or dress her own kids in. That honest, real-life basis gives the two brands a personal touch and an authentic feel that permeates all collections. True to the brand's beginnings, its style is still edgy cool, sporty chic with a playful twist across both collections. The SOFIE SCHNOOR collections reflect the demand from women and children for fashionable, cool clothes that feel comfortable.
• Studio EBN – Established 2013 – Norway - We create responsible, handcrafted bags and accessories inspired by the raw nature.
Look different, look north. Discover the highs and lows of light. The fresh air, breathtaking nature, naked wind. The northern surroundings inspire us every day. STUDIO EBN uses the intersection between great nature and Nordic timelessness as a mantra to deliver long-lasting products with purpose.
• Woden – Established 2013 - Denmark - Scandinavian sneaker brand with a focus on Scandinavian design values, high-quality natural materials and great value for money. We believe in products and people, which is why our shoes are designed with care and produced by passionate and talented people. Fashion, functionality and anatomy are essential elements of the WODEN DNA, ensuring that our sneakers are meticulously designed for urban life.